Join TMG, a world-leading gases and engineering company. Since 1993, TMG has been offering services that improve quality, operational flexibility, and the bottom line. A member of the Linde Group, TMG Co is a full-service supply chain management company focused on leveraging national buying power to provide industry leading programs for industrial, medical, and corporate customers. Clients range from national buying programs to individual offices needing innovative and customized solutions to save time, money, and effort. TMG's core products include a single point of contact for anything related to your personalized buying program, supplier flexibility, as well as consistent and competitive pricing. TMG currently manages the supply and billing of programs for packaged gases, facility services and uniforms. TMG offers a broad solution set serving hundreds of companies and more than 9,000 partnering locations in all 50 states.
TMG is currently seeking an Application Programmer to join the team in the Bryan, Texas area.
Under the direction of the IT Manager and in collaboration with other IT team members, the candidate will:
▪ Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate, enhance, or improve existing systems and/or develop new systems to solve business challenges
▪ Design, develop, and implement software solutions for line of business applications
▪ Ensure a stable operating environment for all users and all server functions
▪ Assist with database planning, design, development, and administration
▪ Assist in the design and maintenance of the overall network security policies
▪ Provide project management on key projects assigned by the IT Manager
▪ Assist in the origination and development of long-term goals for the IT Department
Plans, develops and maintains Business Systems (90%)
▪ Designs, constructs, maintains, and documents MAS 500 custom applications adhering to strict standards for nomenclature and employing an API-based integration approach.
▪ Creates and maintains custom database procedures and triggers to interact with line of business applications. Expands or modifies line of business systems to serve new purposes or improve work flow
▪ Designs and develops reports for customers and internal staff
▪ Produces technical and end-user documentation for assigned projects
▪ Tests, maintains, and monitors line of business systems. Coordinates the installation of computer programs and systems
▪ Designs, codes, and collaborates on web development projects and provides backup coverage for web development staff when needed
▪ Develops, documents, and revises system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards to reflect industry standards
▪ Provides expert-level support to the users and customers
▪ Evaluates and recommends new equipment and/or software packages
▪ Assists with system backup processes and disaster recovery tests as required by the IT Manager.
Other related duties (10%)
▪ Researches and assesses and keeps up to date on new technologies
▪ Performs other job-related duties as assigned
▪ Bachelor's degree in related field, plus 2 years production development experience or Associates Degree in related field, plus 4 years production development experience
▪ Experience developing Windows client/server desktop applications
▪ Competency programming in the C# language and thorough knowledge of the Microsoft.Net platform
▪ Proficiency with Microsoft T-SQL including the ability to write stored procedures, triggers, and queries, Demonstrable knowledge of concepts including Common Table Expressions, cursors, and common language runtime integration. Ability to analyze and optimize query performance
▪ Expertise using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
▪ Experience developing web applications using ASP.Net (not required)
▪ Excellent written and verbal communications skills, experience producing technical documentation including design specifications and diagrams, and end-user operating documentation
▪ Experience developing software in a team environment.
▪ Experience developing reports using Microsoft Reporting Services tools or Crystal Reports - preferred
▪ Experience developing Windows services - preferred
▪ Broad understanding of computing macro-environment including TCP/IP networks and systems architecture - preferred
▪ Experience developing service oriented systems using web services and/or WCF - preferred
▪ Experience developing applications for mobile devices - preferred
TMG offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development - all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!