Join the Linde RSS REMEO Team, a leading gas therapy and respiratory solutions company. REMEO (meaning I return home in Latin) Units provide Ventilator Dependent patients quality care options outside of the Acute Care Setting with a focus on quality of life and weaning. A member of The Linde Group which is a world leading supplier of gases and engineering services, we are backed by an extensive worldwide network, constantly striving to develop new gas -enabled therapies, devices, and ventilator management models that raise the standard of patient care.
Linde RSS is currently seeking a Respiratory Therapist to join the REMEO team in the Albany, New York area.
▪ Performs any and or all duties of the respiratory care program as required.
▪ Adheres to Policy and Procedure
▪ Adheres to work schedule. Also responsible for assisting in emergency coverage when the need arises
▪ Consults with family members, physicians, and other health care professionals, as appropriate
▪ Takes an active role in in-service education of employees as well as the community
▪ Assist with Q.A. and other reports as requested.
▪ Assists with on call for company needs.
▪ Provides updates consistently to supervisor for changes and patient status.
▪ Participates in checking for safety, care and cleaning of equipment and maintenance of the department
▪ High School Degree
▪ Must be a graduate of an approved AMA School for Respiratory Care. Current State Licensed required. Credentialed by the NBRC.
▪ Current BLS Certification
▪1 year pediatric ventilator management experience preferred.
▪ Proof of negative TB testing (either skin or negative Chest X-Ray)
▪ 2 years experience in ventilator management (either Acute or Home Care)
▪ Must complete minimum of six (6) hours of training per year in Infection Control and Blood Borne Pathogen, OSHA, safety issues, HIPAA, any new products of services and any other issues necessary for job requirements.
▪ Must complete state required Continuing Education Credits for purpose of Respiratory Therapy Licensure
▪ Current State License in Respiratory Therapy required
▪ Must hold a valid drivers License
▪ Able to lift 50-70 pounds as needed.
▪ Able to bend, stoop, squat and lift numerous times daily.
▪ Able to see and hear adequately in order to respond to auditory and visual needs of patients.
▪ No medical problems such as brittle diabetes, uncontrolled seizures, etc., which could endanger self or others if such should occur while on the job.
▪ Ability to trouble shoot / problem solve equipment
▪ Ability to make independent clinical decisions
▪ Must have strong communication skills for coordination of care
▪ Must be sensitive to the physical and psychosocial needs of fragile patients and families
▪ Must be responsive to family, staff and facility needs
▪ Must be able to function in stressful situations
▪ Must be able to recognize and effectively communicate needs to manager
▪ Must adhere to policy and procedure
▪ Must participate in Interdisciplinary team meetings as well as all mandatory staff meetings and inservices; exhibit team building and participation skill
▪ Willingness to learn new techniques and apply
Linde RSS offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development - all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading REMEO Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!