Join Linde, the world's leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gas - related technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde North America is a member of the Linde Group, a world -leading gases and engineering company with around 50,500 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. In the 2011 financial year, it achieved sales of EUR 13.787 bn (USD 18.1 billion). The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment - in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The Group is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking a Transport Mechanic to join the team in the Delta, Ohio area.
▪ Understand and adhere to company safe work policies
▪ Promote a safe work environment through use of PPE as required in Linde standards
▪ Report any incident involving equipment damage, near miss, first aid or medical treatment to supervisor immediately
▪ Report any unsafe conditions, environmental concerns and equipment problems to supervisor immediately
▪ Issue and manage hazardous work permits as required for Linde and contractor personnel
▪ Apply Lock Out Tag Out procedures according to Linde standard
▪ Collaborate with Fleet Maintenance and follow EMOC procedure for any change to equipment and/or maintenance procedures
▪ Meet on time Maximo generated truck and trailer work orders at required intervals and complete all documentation
▪ Perform corrective maintenance as identified through Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR)
▪ Troubleshoot truck and trailer problems to identify real time maintenance solutions ensuring resources available to meet customer demands
▪ Perform and document product metering device calibration in accordance with Linde requirements
▪ Maintain spare parts inventory through commercial agreements with national vendors and Linde national warehouse
▪ Maintain open continuous line of communication with transport supervisor and drivers
▪ Maintain orderly and clean work area (garage) and vehicle(s)
▪ Participate in group safety meetings and talks
▪ Participate in safety committee activities as required emergency drills, etc
▪ Complete all training activities according to schedule and meet annual performance goals
▪ High School Degree or GED
▪ Commercial Drivers License preferred
▪ Demonstrated Tractor/Trailer maintenance skills
▪ Diagnose and properly repair mechanical, electrical and tire problems on tractors and trailers
▪ High mechanical aptitude and ability to work with simple mechanics hand tools
▪ Basic understanding of electrical hazards and safety
▪ Basic understanding of cryogenic pumps, vehicle electrical systems
▪ Able to work alone
▪ Familiar with Linde systems (Maximo, OBC)
▪ Able to navigate LiMSS to find relevant work instructions, forms and supporting documentation
▪ Understanding of Lindes Engineering Management Of Change (EMOC) process
▪ Comprehensive knowledge of HWP process, LOTO and energy isolation procedures
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!