Join Linde, the worlds leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gasrelated technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde North America is a member of the Linde Group, a world leading gases and engineering company with around 50,500 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. In the 2011 financial year, it achieved sales of EUR 13.787 bn (USD 18.1 billion). The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The Group is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking an Operations Technician II to join the team in the LaPorte, Texas area.
▪ Contribute to team awareness of co-worker and personal safety through proper work habits, good housekeeping skills, and appropriate usage of personal protective equipment
▪ Understand, monitor and take corrective actions to ensure positive effect of unit effluent and emissions on local environment
▪ Safely and Efficiently supervise and conduct plant start-up and shut-down operations in accordance with approved site work instructions
▪ Safely and Efficiently operate gas processing equipment for 24 7 continuous supply to customers
▪ Conduct quality assurance testing and maintain all required documentation
▪ Maintain production records and logs
▪ Monitor performance of systems and equipment against established standards, report any deficiencies
▪ Maintain work area in a safe, clean and orderly manner
▪ Perform and assist in maintenance as required
▪ Remotely monitor and adjust numerous On-Site Generators and PSAs as required
▪ Effective ownership of site process operations safety, through execution of site Hazardous Work Permit Controls and Energy System Isolation Controls
▪ Promptly inform management of safety accidents, unsafe conditions, environmental problems or production operations problems during his/her shift
▪ Attendance and contribution to site safety through participation in the Site Safety Committee and monthly site Operations Safety meetings.
▪ Maintain self paced training progress via Traccess training program, and achieve established training targets
▪ High School Degree or equivalent is required, some college and/or technical training preferred
▪ A minimum 3-5 years experience as a process technician, preferred partial oxidation, cryogenic separation boxes experience.
▪ Demonstrated success managing multiple activities at the same time
▪ Prior experience in industrial gas or refineries is a plus
▪ Cold Box and POX experience is a plus
▪ Knowledge and experience with Self Contained Breathing Apparatus
▪ Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus
▪ Should possess good communication and interpersonal skills
▪ Ability to climb ladders
▪ Ability to lift 50+ pounds
▪ Strong communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment
▪ Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
▪ Ability to work in high-noise environments with hearing protection.
▪ Associates degree in Process Technology or persons with military experience is a plus.
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!