Join Linde, the worlds leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gasrelated technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde North America is a member of the Linde Group, a world leading gases and engineering company with around 50,500 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. In the 2011 financial year, it achieved sales of EUR 13.787 bn (USD 18.1 billion). The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The Group is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking a Cylinder Prepper/Loader to join the team in the Cary, North Carolina area.
▪ Clearly understands and follows ALL Linde Safety Policies including but not limited to proper PPE, proper lifting techniques, and local site safety requirements.
▪ Has understanding of basic GMPs and Quality Control concepts and practices.
▪ Count all incoming cylinders.
▪ Load/unload trucks on a daily basis.
▪ Pull cylinders and verify lot numbers as required.
▪ Examine returned cylinders for surface defects such as dents, cracks, or burns and transports cylinders to designated work area.
▪ Follows Linde procedures for safe handling, storing, securing and proper nesting of cylinders.
▪ Ability to recognize and detect test and defective cylinders and properly separate them from production in identified quarantine areas.
▪ Understands and inspects fill manifold for proper operation prior to filling or connecting cylinder. Understands the need to bring up issues with local management if system is not functioning properly or if there are questions surrounding the operation.
▪ Reviews and documents proper thermometer, gauge and analytical equipment calibrations and ensures all equipment is properly calibrated and within established guidelines for frequency.
▪ Remove any and all old labels and clean cylinders using approved cleaning solution.
▪ Safely operate a forklift to load and unload trucks and gather stock from the warehouse.
▪ Receive all goods according to standard written procedures; recording all incoming shipments, checking shipments against purchase orders and verifying contents of shipments against packing slips.
▪ Inspect valves for correct CGA connection and pressure relief device.
▪ Connect cylinders to manifold, opens valves to draw off residual gas and evacuate cylinders.
▪ Inspect cylinder labels to assure they are legible, compliant with current federal requirements and correct for the service intended; replace if damaged or inappropriate
▪ Fill cylinders in accordance with specific guidelines whether by pressure or weight, as appropriate.
▪ Weigh cylinders filled with liquid products on platform scale and record weight.
▪ Test cylinders for leaks by brushing or spraying chemical solution around valve.
▪ Record all necessary documentation and set a cylinder aside for settled pressure checks.
▪ Operate and safely maintain equipment for pumping or repackaging gases into cylinders.
▪ Perform all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections and tests before cylinders are released.
▪ Ensure cylinders are adequately maintained. Cylinders requiring maintenance or repair are removed from service until corrected.
▪ Regularly inspect and maintain pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices.
▪ Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately maintained and that all required procedures are followed in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
▪ Safely operate a forklift and hand truck
▪ Maintain a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance.
▪ Perform mathematical calculations as necessary.
▪ Perform other duties as assigned
▪ High School degree or GED
▪ Minimum 2 year's experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
▪ Good written and Customer Service skills
▪ Good communication skills and ability to interface with co-workers
▪ Must have basic computer ability
▪ Motivation and high energy
▪ Formal forklift training/experience preferred
▪ Ability to read and understand DOT and FDA required paperwork
▪ Must be able to work outdoors and in various degrees of temperature
▪ Push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to 100 pounds.
▪ Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours
▪ Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
▪ Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines
▪ Flexibility to meet changing customer demands
▪ Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of conveying information
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!