Join Linde, the worlds leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gasrelated technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde North America is a member of the Linde Group, a world leading gases and engineering company with around 50,500 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. In the 2011 financial year, it achieved sales of EUR 13.787 bn (USD 18.1 billion). The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The Group is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking a Medical Route Driver to join the team in the Knoxville, Tennessee area.
▪ Follows All Linde Safety Policies including but not limited to proper PPE, proper lifting techniques, and local site safety requirements.
▪ Work in accordance with all DOT and Linde standards and policies including but not limited to Speed Management, Seat Belts, Cones and Hours of Service
▪ Drives a straight truck loaded with medical compressed gas cylinders and medical liquid vessels for delivery to customers on a scheduled route. Customers may include medical patients in their homes, physicians offices, laboratories, veterinarians, hospitals and/or any other entity requiring medical gas.
▪ Record each delivery and pick up on a load manifest and obtain signatures from customers to comply with all regulatory requirements
▪ Safely loads and unloads cylinders on vehicle using hand truck or forklift and record cylinder type and quantity
▪ Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance and maintain vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
▪ Establish and maintain excellent customer service.
▪ Listen to and resolve service inquiries and complaints/issues.
▪ Perform pre and post trip vehicle inspections, document deficiencies and ensure all safety items are in good working order.
▪ Communicate with customers; providing information on ordering, delivery times, and maintaining proper cylinder levels.
▪ Gain comfort level for communicating with, and going in and out of the homes of, medical patients.
▪ Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by environment or job task
▪ Train or educate customers on safety, use and hazards associated with the use of medical gas equipment. As appropriate, assess customer understanding of same.
▪ Assess safe use, appropriate care and storage of medical gases in medical patients home environment. Report unsafe use or situations to supervisory staff.
▪ Document observations, education and communication in the patient record.
▪ Maintain load manifests, FDA lot numbers and all other vehicle documents. Ensures manifests are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping. Documents before and after deliveries.
▪ Follow all safety rules and report any accidents or injuries promptly to management.
▪ Safely operate a forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment.
▪ Assist with inventory and general housekeeping.
▪ Maintain DOT hours log.
▪ High School Diploma or GED
▪ 3 years driving experience - Class A CDL or Class B with current HazMat endorsement
▪ 3 years clean driving record
▪ Clear understanding of map reading skills
▪ Ability to read and understand DOT and FDA required paperwork
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills
▪ Strong customer service skills
▪ Basic computer skills
▪ Push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver weights of up to 100 pounds.
▪ Home care/health care background is a plus
▪ Dangerous Goods Cards is a plus
We are a safety focused organization believing in company paid training, excellent salary and bonus pay opportunities, world-class benefits, and job security. This position also includes local delivery routes and a regular Monday - Friday daytime work schedule.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!