Join Linde, the world’s leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gas–related technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde North America is a member of the Linde Group, a world – leading gases and engineering company with around 50,500 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. In the 2011 financial year, it achieved sales of EUR 13.787 bn (USD 18.1 billion). The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment – in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The Group is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking a Chemist to join the team in the Hammond, Indiana area.
▪ The successful individual MUST be willing and able to work in a highly structured work environment with regard to safe and consistent conformance to operating procedures and work practices. Supervise other personnel in preparing, filling and analyzing specialty gases produced at the Hammond facility.
▪ Ensure timely throughput of product through lab work queue
▪ Comprehensive familiarity with the Lab Scope and all associated lab documentation and procedures
▪ Operate required analytical instrumentation (GCs, FTIRs, process analyzers, standard blenders, etc)
▪ Report problems with analytical instrumentation and be the lead in subsequent repair(s)
▪ Accurately input and document analytical data into all necessary analytical and plant process logs
▪ Strictly adhere to all necessary calibration requirements within all lab operations
▪ Through observation of work area(s), is alert to and avoid unsafe behaviours and conditions or other hazards. Reports any observed hazards to supervisor. Strictly adheres to all safety policies including, but not limited to HWP,ECP,and LOTO policies
▪ Ensure compliance with the formalized written PPE program for all laboratory activities.
▪ Participate in ongoing continuous improvement initiatives of analytical process systems
▪ Perform statistical analyses of processes as required to meet quality control standards
▪ Support/lead investigation of production defects and assist Quality Team in control of Non-conforming material
▪ Bachelor's Degree in chemistry or related field.
▪ Minimum of five year's experience in laboratory operations within a production plant environment in a quality assurance function preferred.
▪ Experience with formalized analytical validation programs is desired, as is the knowledge of hazardous materials
▪ Hands on GC maintenance, method repair and development, and GC/gas systems troubleshooting experience preferred
▪ Should be familiar with the analytical operations associated with liquefied or high- pressure gas products using a GC, FTIR, and process analyzers
▪ Ability to support the department towards defined production and quality goals as well as an accelerated continuous improvement program
▪ Should have experience with SPC/SQC, or other statistical methods of quality measurement and Measurement Systems Analysis techniques
▪ Computer literacy and Proficiency with Microsoft Office and SAP
▪ Ability to plan and carry out laboratory schedules independently
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!