Join Linde, the world’s leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gas–related technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde North America is a member of the Linde Group, a world – leading gases and engineering company with around 50,500 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. In the 2011 financial year, it achieved sales of EUR 13.787 bn (USD 18.1 billion). The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment – in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The Group is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking a Supply Chain Optimization Analyst to join the team in Stewartsville, New Jersey.
• Centrally manage the RBU N.A. ASU and/or CO2 network coordination using Linde’s daily optimization tool.
• Coordinate daily forecast process for energy, demand (delivered liquid, FOB liquid, and both liquid/gas tonnage), production, feed gas, distribution resource, rail deliveries, rail loading and purchasing; resolve any issues with providing forecast to daily optimization tool
• Execute daily network optimization tool
• Coordinate meetings to execute appropriate changes in the Linde network – customer assignments, production levels, expected inventory levels; analyze why some changes are not deemed appropriate and provide feedback to SCP team/global support team for any improvements
• Identify forecast errors in the many forecasts needed to execute network optimization; work with appropriate party to improve forecasts
• Operate customer clustering tool and identify issues with clustering relative to actual trips executed
• Identify gaps in execution relative to optimization plan
• Identify a) consistent binding constraints within the network and b) execution gaps in the daily optimization plan; communicate to ASU and CO2 Supply Chain Planning Managers, as well as Distribution Process Manager, to help them improve our supply network.
• Perform "what if" analysis to analyze different scenarios for changes to our network
• Back up demand planner in their monthly role
• Coordinate inputs to daily optimization tool and operate network optimization tool
• Communicate production levels, energy requirements, and customer’s shifts in daily optimization meeting
• Identify forecast errors for inputs/execution gaps and work with SCP team and others to improve forecasts
• Contribute to achievement of cost targets/KPI’s
• Change management of customer distribution location changes
• Bachelor Degree in logistics, supply chain, business, operations research, or engineering
• Minimum 5 year's experience in transportation, process operations, energy, operations research or marketing
• Strong analytical skills are required to evaluate and understand changes to dynamic national network.
• Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel, Power Point, Access, and Word are a benefit.
• SAP skills are a plus.
• Requires learning basic specialty software for daily optimization and forecasting
• Excellent time management skills are required.
• Ideal candidate would understand how to manage competing priorities while meeting internal customer needs.
• Familiarity with GOLD
• Exposure to forecasting and optimization techniques a plus.
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development – all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!