Join Linde, the world's leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gas - related technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde North America is a member of the Linde Group, a world - leading gases and engineering company with around 50,500 employees in more than 100 countries worldwide. In the 2011 financial year, it achieved sales of EUR 13.787 bn (USD 18.1 billion). The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment - in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The Group is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking an Energy Markets Analyst to join the Linde Energy Services (LES) team in Stewartsville, New Jersey.
▪ Interact with Operations, Logistics, Product Management and Plant Operations to identify electric supply needs to Linde plants in Regional Transmission Organizations (RTOs), specifically the Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) and ISO New England (ISONE) footprints on a daily and as needed basis.
▪ Schedule electric consumption needs directly with the MISO and ISONE website based systems.
▪ Download invoices directly from the MISO and ISONE website and assign costs directly to the individual Linde plants using internal LES databases.
▪ Support the LES Administrative Assistant as needed to issue Linde plant invoices or supplier invoices.
▪ Manage electric supply hedges in-place for Linde plant supply including determination of supplier invoices or monies due and mark-to-market position of hedges.
▪ Continually monitor the MISO and ISONE markets to identify cost issues and cost reduction opportunities. Serve as the MISO/ISONE expert for price differences in spot markets, congestion costs and changes in various ancillary service charges.
▪ Dispute MISO/ISONE invoices as necessary to correct inaccurate charges.
▪ Manage internal cost reporting for Linde plants in the MISO and ISONE markets. Efforts include collection of pertinent cost components for the plants, trending of cost data and identification of potential cost increases.
▪ Implement a five-year forward electric supply cost forecast for Linde plants in MISO and ISONE. Effort includes identifying RTO cost increases as well as utility distribution cost increases.
▪ Monitor forward power clearing prices for supply points in the MISO and ISONE markets to identify future electric costs.
▪ Support the Linde Energy Risk Management Committee by providing data on future electric costs and issuing recommendations for hedge purchases (calendar year, monthly, on-peak, off-peak, etc.).
▪ Manage congestion costs within the MISO and ISONE markets including developing Auction Revenue Right (ARR) and Financial Transmission Right (FTR) plans for a one-year to three-year period.
▪ Recommend and implement approved demand response initiatives in the MISO and ISONE markets to target load reductions from Linde plants to capture high revenues in the demand response market.
▪ Manage and implement Interruptible Load Programs in the MISO and ISONE markets. Insure proper registration and monitoring of actual emergency load reduction notifications. Project the value of future markets for management approval of continued program participation. Verify correct payments are made to Linde.
▪ Provide external reporting data to the LES Administrative Assistant for entry into Federal and State Regulatory databases as required per LESs operating licenses.
▪ Perform internal reporting as requested by Linde management. Serve as the LES database expert for all electric supply cost information applicable to Linde plants in the MISO and ISONE footprints.
▪ Develop, manage and procure the necessary renewable energy supply to support the State mandated requirements for each Linde plant.
▪ Develop active participation in critical committees of the MISO and ISONE organizations. Effort involves in-person participation as well as teleconference participation in the committee meetings to protect end-use consumer interests, shape changes to account for the needs of end-use consumers and identify cost changes well in advance of their respective implementation dates.
▪ Serve as the expert on LES finances for communication to Linde Accounting. Effort involves daily collection of payments/receivables/accruals and entry into the LES financial system to track the monetary position of LES.
▪ Perform electronic data interchange (EDI) transactions as needed to enroll, drop or collect data for LES operations.
▪ Utilize and develop expertise using the LES software systems to enhance electric supply operations.
▪ Support communication and electric supply processes to non-Linde external customers as needed.
▪ Expand skill sets in wholesale and retail electric supply to serve as the back-up analyst to support LES operations in other RTOs including the PJM Interconnection, New York ISO and the Electric Reliability Council of Texas. Expertise will closely mirror the requirements outlined for the MISO and ISONE markets.
▪ One to five-years experience with an energy intensive manufacturing company, energy consultant, power marketer, electric utility, state regulatory commissions or RTO/ISO operating within a de-regulated electric environment.
▪ Prefer experience in the MISO and ISONE markets along with familiarity of all RTO markets.
▪ Technical Four-year degree in Energy, Engineering, Business, Finance or Economics
▪ Proficient computer skills including Microsoft applications.
▪ Familiarity with Oracle, XML, Visual Basic and web interface design.
▪ Developed relationships with Federal, State, Utility and RTOs.
▪ Strong analytical and organizational skills.
▪ Strong oral and written communications skills.
▪ Knowledge of the electric energy industry, specifically the wholesale and retail markets in de-regulated states.
▪ Preferred knowledge of MISO and ISONE market operations.
▪ Detailed analytical thinking to evaluate data and identify cost reduction opportunities.
▪ Multi-tasking with the ability to review detailed operations under different market rules to develop invoices, pursue opportunities and support the LES cost advantage vs. traditional electric suppliers.
▪ Expertise in managing large data volumes and developing automated processes to facilitate routine activities along with projecting short-term electric supply costs.
▪ Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Power Point, Access), extensive knowledge of Excel preferred (pivot table operations).
▪ Proficiency with LES internally developed software systems.
▪ Development of relationships both internally and externally to enhance the effectiveness of the LES organization.
▪ Ability to work under difficult timelines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
▪ Self- motivated and independent thinker working with limited supervision.
▪ Excellent organizational skills.
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development - all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!