Join Linde, the world’s leading global gases and engineering organization. Linde manufactures, supplies, and distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases. We are recognized as a leader in the development of new gas–related technologies and applications for the electronics alternative fuels and energy, glass, food, metals, and chemical industries.
Linde North America is a member of The Linde Group. In the 2013 financial year, The Linde Group generated revenue of EUR 16.655 bn (USD 23.1 bn), making it the largest gases and engineering company in the world with approximately 63,500 employees working in more than 100 countries worldwide. The strategy of The Linde Group is geared towards long-term profitable growth and focuses on the expansion of its international business with forward-looking products and services. Linde acts responsibly towards its shareholders, business partners, employees, society and the environment – in every one of its business areas, regions and locations across the globe. The company is committed to technologies and products that unite the goals of customer value and sustainable development.
At Linde we believe that people create our success. Our primary goal is to hire and retain the best, most talented employees who are leaders in their own right, and provide them with a growth environment that is focused on adding value for the customer.
We strongly believe that the diversity of our employees and their ongoing growth and development, combined with our global footprint and broad range of business activities, provide us with the ingredients required to maintain and grow our leading market positions around the world.
Linde is currently seeking a Plant Manager to join the team in the Buffalo, New York area.
▪ Manages the day-to-day operational and financial operations of a CSCM Plant/Center
▪ Responsible for Center P/L (shared P&L responsibility between Healthcare and Supply Chain)
▪ Plans, directs, and coordinates production, filling, maintenance, and distribution activities to meet customer needs at minimum investment required
▪ Ensures all safety, quality, regulatory, accreditation procedures and policies are implemented and staff appropriately trained
▪ Ensures all production is performed according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) as defined by Linde procedures
▪ Analyzes Center current financial and operational strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and constraints in order to develop, prepare, and implement goals, projects, and policies that will enable the Center to achieve a competitive advantage in the market
▪ Forecasts future trends , needs and develops action plans which will enable the Center to meet the predicted situation
▪ Coordinates with sales on a regular basis with existing and new business to effectively support the growth strategy of the company, according to an agreed-upon product service offering
▪ Develops operating strategies and plan to pro-actively prepare for future demands based on analysis of current and past results
▪ Maintains strong customer service focus for all Center employees; develops and monitors distribution schedules to ensure customers are served in a timely manner
▪ Stay close to customer by maintaining and developing relationships with customers
▪ Responsible for representing company by ensuring employees and Center meet standards established by organization and cleanliness
▪ Develops profit plan for Center using strong P&L knowledge including actions required to meet cost and efficiency targets
▪ Facilitates communication within the Center by communicating with staff members keeping them informed of initiatives, strategies, and operational change
▪ Actively listens to staff input concerning daily operations to ensure staff members are aware of situations that may affect their work
▪ Maintains professional growth by participating on teams and in educational programs and activities to maintain knowledge of national trends and to promote leading-edge expertise within the Center
▪ Responsible for building his/her team and developing our bench strength operationally
▪ Motivates and encourages employees to participate in team building activities
▪ Manage distribution personnel to ensure compliance with DOT and CSA program, ensuring all drivers are compliant with Linde, local, state and federal regulations
▪ Manage and maintain local HQAA policies, procedures and compliance
▪ Ensures specific federal, state and local employment qualifications are met
▪ Ensures customer complaints are reported, cause is investigated and corrective actions are implemented
▪ Ensures all policies and procedures are adhered to
▪ Ensures local, state and federal regulatory requirements (FDA, DOH, DOT, OSHA etc) are met
▪ Represents the site during external regulatory inspections including, but not limited to US FDA, OSHA, and State Boards of Pharmacy
▪ Must have at least 2 years of education past high school
▪ College degree preferred with emphasis on business/operational management/engineering; industrial/medical distribution or related field
▪ Minimum of six years related medical gas industry-related experience with supervisory experience required
▪ A working knowledge of US FDA requirements for medical gas manufacturing
▪ Operations/production/distribution management experience
▪ Ability to work with limited supervision and achieve results
▪ Must be detail oriented and a self starter
▪ Must possess Financial awareness
▪ Ability to lead by example
▪ Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal staff and customer organizations
▪ Ability to prioritize and manage in a crisis
▪ Creative problem solving abilities required
▪ Ability to coach employees to achieve results
▪ Excellent computer skills with experience in MS Office Tools and SAP preferred
Linde offers excellent salaries, world-class benefits, and unparalleled opportunities for development all to create an invigorating and satisfying environment.
Join a World Leading Team Today!
For IMMEDIATE consideration, APPLY NOW!